If the register button does not work please advise us here>>>
Groups of up to 15 visitors should book a ‘Group Tour’. Up to 3 groups can be facilitated in 1 hour, though entrance will be staggered.
There is no charge to visit Joyce Tower. Please note a donation (c€1 p.p.) by groups would be welcomed. Last admissions for groups will be at 15.40.
One of our enthusiastic and knowledgeable volunteers can show you around this iconic building where James Joyce set the opening of Ulysses. Learn why this Martello tower was built, enjoy the stunning views of Dublin bay and explore our unique collection of Joyce related books and memorabilia.
Just a reminder of some important points that will make your visit safe and enjoyable:
1) Please arrive on time to ensure your booking can be accommodated
2) The maximum size of any single group is 15. Larger groups will have to be divided and staggered
3) Group supervisors must accompany the group at all times while at the tower
4) No climbing on the ramparts
5) Please take care on the stairs
6) Please heed any advice or instructions given by the Joyce Tower volunteers
To give you a flavour of what to expect, here’s broadcaster Pat Kenny taking a tour around the Tower with FJT Volunteer, James Holahan. This was originally broadcast on Christmas Day, 2014.
(Clip courtesy of Newstalk 106 FM)